The lounge situation at JFK

This post will get updated through the day as were lounge hopping at JFK!

TWA hotel πŸ›ΌπŸ•ΊπŸͺ©



Update: 13:23

Leaving the 1960s behind, we head to Terminal 1 for our flight. 




The online checkin for our flight doesn’t work. And their desk only opens at 14:55 … so we’ve got time to burn. 

The girls settle in to watch Lego Batman on Isabell’s iPad streaming from the portable movie library (the red&white box) I made for our 2020 trip that never happened. 

Killing time, before we kill some more time. 

Update 16:27
So we have 6 airport lounge entries with our credit cards. Here at JFK terminal 1 these are our options:
  1. Lufthansa Lounge (included with our Turkish ticket)
  2. Korean Air Lines Lounge
  3. Air France Lounge
  4. Turkish Airline Lounge (under construction), and 
  5. Primeclass Lounge (a private lounge operator)
How did I fare?


Closed to us due to capacity limitations. 



Closed at 15:00 (when Turkish ticket counter opened) so no-good. 



Looks like it would have been nice. 



Ok, I’m in!  But showers are closed until 6pm when our plane is scheduled to start boarding. Not ideal. Maybe I’ll be able to squeeze one in. 




It’s less packed than the Lufthansa lounge we were already in. More food options. But it’s the shower I’m after. :/

Oh well. First Class in the First World problems. 

Popular posts from this blog

Cultural Thoughts

Whirlwind Melbourne

Second Day in Wellington