We made it to Paris

We got in to our plane - it was a 777 and not a 787 as planned. Oh well 

But Isabelle and I were not in business. We waiters to be the last on board along with Caitlin and Josephine to try and plea our care. It didn’t work. There was times of room up front. I did feel pretty unjustly treated. But I sucked it up. In passing I asked the stewardess if just Isabelle could sit up front with my wife and other daughter ... still no. Izzy started crying. 

That clinched it we thought. The stewardess came by to say she’ll try to get her up front after take off. This was her reaction. 



Economy was packed 3-3-3 and she came by to quietly bring Isabelle to the front. Win. Plus I get a bit Kore space and was able to focus on sleeping. Crying babies were drowned out with my new passive silencing earbuds and the dulcet sounds of David Grey and Seu Jorge. 








One of the things I love about travel is seeing incomprehensible letters and words in otherwise familiar places. 


We landed in Paris moderately tired. The girls posed by the big board near the RER train stop. Love his photo. 


First things first - pastery. 


Then later coffee and got chocolate. At a coffee shop Caitlin and I frequented last time we were in Paris on rue de la rivoli. 




We watched the city go by. New modes of transport - unicycles and powered scooters (which I will drive dammit). And old ones - cards, scooters, bicycles and rollerblades. 

The AirBNB looks quite good. Laundry is being done. Tv reports strikes at the Eiffel Tower (as one does in France) so our passes for tomorrow are in doubt at this point. 

The plan today is lunch, ice cream, batieax bus, supper, then family movie night!  Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. 

Popular posts from this blog

Cultural Thoughts

Whirlwind Melbourne

Second Day in Wellington