My kingdom for a good nights sleep

We all went to sleep at 9pm last night as the hotel bar was booming. How little did we know that they were just warming up the sound system. 

Also, our bedroom window isn’t exactly air tight. Or sound tight. In fact I woke up wondering if there was a window there at all. 



The music died down a little after 2 am after the girls woke up chatting with each other. (Cute!) they had trouble going back to sleep. Altitude and jet lag and sounds didn’t help. 

Then later, 4am or neighbour has a few Skype calls. I tried knocking on the wall but it was solid concrete. I don’t understand how sound travelled so well. 

Then, just before 5am with my sanity at its end - I heard the morning call to prayer from a local mosque. It was in my bucket list and probably the #2 thing I regret not experiencing in Istanbul. I didn’t think Ethiopia (a super Christian county) would have this.





After I heard the singing I fell into a deep sleep. Woke up at 8:30am and got the girls down for breakfast.

Later today we’re going to explore the city. Tomorrow we leave and we’re all ready for a change in scene. 

Popular posts from this blog

Cultural Thoughts

Whirlwind Melbourne

Second Day in Wellington